NS1 is hiring a software to help develop our commercial NetBox Cloud product as well as the open source NetBox project. This candidate will work alongside myself and the rest of our NetBox team here at NS1, and will routinely engage with the NetBox maintainers and community. From the posting:
- Help lead the development of NetBox Cloud’s roadmap.
- Engage in product and roadmap planning discussions.
- Contribute to documentation and supporting tooling for both the NetBox community and NS1’s NetBox offerings.
- Work closely with NS1’s NetBox-focused SREs.
- Support the open source NetBox project and assist in delivering its roadmap.
- Seek new ways to deliver the best possible user experience for NetBox users.
- Become an active member of the NetBox open source community.
Ideally, you’ll bring:
- Proficiency in full stack Python development with a particular focus on development for web applications using Django
- Solid experience with RESTful APIs and JSON
- Experience in enterprise network architecture and operations
- Prior engagement with NetBox as a user, operator, or open source contributor
- Familiarity with software development best practices, including revision control and documentation
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and comfort engaging with prospective and current customers to collaborate and solve problems
- Ability to perform well as part of a distributed team
- Extra kudos for familiarity with:
- Experience coaching junior software engineers
- Open source software and engagement with open source development practices
- Core network engineering concepts
- One or more commercial DDI solutions
- TypeScript development experience
- Ansible, Salt, or similar configuration management software
- Tools in the modern DevOps toolkit
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
This position is available for full-time remote work, to candidates in the US, UK, and Ireland. You can learn more about this role and apply on NS1’s careers site.